Two plaques from a column, De Grieksche A, after Adrianus Kocx, c. 1690
These plaques were part of the wall decoration in the Water Gallery at Hampton Court Palace, the London residence of William and Mary. They were ordered from the Grieksche A pottery factory, where large flower vases had also been made earlier on royal commission. The Water Gallery was demolished shortly after Mary’s sudden death in 1692. The plaques were probably removed at that time and ended up on the market.